FAKE your way to ASP.NET Core on Azure WebApps, part 2 - The Solution

Last time I talked about an easy problem of deploying .NET Core programs to Azure WebApps (or, well, any other app that can run there). As it turned out, it isn’t that easy, but let’s face the truth - there are far more complicated things in IT and we shouldn’t spend too much time talking about simple deployments. So let’s get started!

FAKE your way to ASP.NET Core on Azure WebApps, part 1 - The Problem

A year has passed and times have changed, but my love for programming will always be the same… OK, enough. That opening didn’t quite work out, right? ;)

Recently, I’ve been extensively working with .NET Core apps (YES! I can finally ditch Visual Studio!). I’m used to working with technologies that have unstable tooling (Hey! I’m talking to you, @drunkvs!), so it was rather pleasant experience. However, there is one question that I couldn’t find an answer to - how to automatically deploy these things into the wild?

Custom SQL queries in Groundhog

Recently, I’ve been in a mood to play with ORMs in Haskell. The most recognizable one is Persistent, developed as part of a Yesod project. It is quite pleasant to work with, I must say, but some assumptions it makes are… not suitable for me. So I’ve looked for something different and I found out about Groundhog, yet another ORM in Haskell. Unfortunately, it is almost identical to Persistent, but maybe instead of searching for the perfect library, I will be able to adapt it to my needs?

hLibsass and hSass

I’ve started my journey with Haskell not so long ago, but because that was my third approach, I didn’t want to do only small projects, as it would surely not motivate me enough. I was looking for some kind of project that will not be too complicated and I will be able to make open source. That’s how the idea for a hLibsass and a hSass arose. My pull request to include them in Stackage has just been accepted, so I think it is high time to write about them. ;)

Localization of a WPF app - the simple approach

Localization is hard, WPF makes it even harder with the locbaml approach. There are many other ways to solve this problem, some are basic, some are powerful, but I think that none is perfect. Here is my simple way of dealing with this.